[foaf-dev] how to declare that foaf+ssl should be used?

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Sun Jul 19 17:11:23 CEST 2009

Henry, hello.

On 2009 Jul 16, at 18:27, Story Henry wrote:

> This would require an Access Control ontology. We could use the one
> here:
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/WebAccessControl
>
> But I think this still needs to be looked at a bit more carefully.
> This is one of the things I would like to look at in more detail.

Possibly relevant to this discussion is a prototyping project I've
been working on, namely AGAST -- Advanced Grid Authorisation using
Semantic Technologies.  The general idea is that you can potentially
do very flexible authentication in a SW-friendly way, by snarfing
relevant access-control information from various sources (including
unpacking an X.509 certificate), put these into a reasoner, and then
ask "is user X in the class of entities which are allowed access".

That means that the access control policy is expressed in a
combination of the ontology which defines the 'allowed user' class,
and the SPARQL query which asks the go/no-go question.

There are some details at <http://labserv.nesc.gla.ac.uk/projects/
agast/>, and I can provide more details here if anyone's interested.

Best wishes,

Norman

--
Norman Gray  :  http://nxg.me.uk
Dept Physics and Astronomy, University of Leicester, UK