[foaf-dev] Introduction

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Wed Jun 3 12:42:11 CEST 2009

On 3/6/09 08:06, Luke Maurits wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I've recently taken an interest in getting involved in the FOAF
> project, so this email is just me saying "hi" to everyone and trying to
> get a feel for the level of activity in the community and this list.
>
> I've started working on a Python library (see
> http://code.google.com/p/foaflib/) to make developing FOAF-based
> applications easier (it's really just a wrapper around the rdflib
> library).  Assitance from any fellow Pythonistas would be very
> welcome!

Just to follow up on this part too for those not in IRC - chat logs are
here: http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/foaf/2009-06-03#T06-15-34

One theme for discussion here: what would a "smarter" FOAF crawler look
like? How can we spec things such that you can pull in a useful but not
overwhelming piece of the nearby machine-readable Web? There's too much
data out there to harvest everything, but pulling it all
while-user-waits doesn't work either. How deep to crawl, what kinds of
links to traverse?

cheers,