[foaf-dev] foaf:Person vs crm:E21.Person

Marco Neumann marco.neumann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 20:12:06 CEST 2009

Thanks Dan for the elaboration.

In the spirit of the FOAF vocabulary doesn't it go to far to consider an
imaginary person?

If a foaf:Person can be a fictional person not just a historical figure but
a truly imaginary one, I can never be a friend of that person expect in case
of a mental extension to reality not to say a borderline schizophrenic
situation.

That said I typically prefer foaf:Person over crm:E21 for web resources
since it's more commonly used. But we might need a companion or extension
for a fictional character.

I think we don't capture imaginary characters as typed entities in the crm
at this point. I need to confirm this though with the SIG.

Best,
Marco