[foaf-dev] Fictional stuff

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 11:49:31 CEST 2009

Hi Faith,

2009/6/5 K. Faith Lawrence <kf03r at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:
> 2009/6/5 Nick Gibbins <nmg at ecs.soton.ac.uk>:

>> Is the OntoMedia ontology itself still online? I know that there
>> was a copy on the AKT triplestore machine, but that's long gone now.
>
> I'm not sure it is currently available except within the appendices of
> my thesis which does have the full but not most recent version.
> Unfortunately the web pages related to the project were taken down
> from the Southampton site after I left. I am hopeful that my current
> work will allow time for further development of the ontology and that
> will include the creation of a website with both the most recent
> version of the ontology and examples. However, until the website is
> completed I have the most recent version of the ontology and am happy
> to let anyone interested have a copy.

As a stopgap, how about putting the ontology online /somewhere/ and
using a purl redirect? This would mean changing the namespace URI, but
it seems likely that will be necessary anyway, and using a purl offers
a fair promise of permanence.

(I'll be happy to set this up for you if you like, temporarily hosting
the ontology on my own server until you find a more permanent home)

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://danny.ayers.name