[foaf-dev] foaf:Person vs crm:E21.Person

Marco Neumann marco.neumann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:28:39 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

Yes we work on connecting the museums and cultural heritage institutions.

E.g Joseph Padfield is a member of SeMuSe ( SeMuSe.org ) and he recently
started to publish RDF of his work in progress at the National Gallery in
London.

Joseph has setup up a D2R mapping server, incorporating the new CIDOC CRM,
for the MySQL database underneath their  IIPImage collection viewer (
http://cima.ng-london.org.uk/collection).

You can find some of the results of this mapping at:

http://rdf.ng-london.org.uk:2020

There are a number of other institutions that now start to publish their
collections and we will see more data in the wild soon.

I will mention some of the work in progress at the Semantic Technology
Conference in San Jose this month.
http://www.semanticuniverse.com/articles-semuse-future-semantic-museum-data.html

There is plenty of opppotunity to apply RDF. :-)

Re:FRBR. The CIDOC CRM SIG has the IFLA FRBR/CIDOC CRM Harmonization Group
that's lead Patrick Le Bœuf

Best,
Marco