[foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] revisiting FOAF project goals

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:40:04 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Matthew Rowe<m.rowe at dcs.shef.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hello
>
> I concur with what Dave has said here, particularly regarding the need
> to explicitly define topics of relationships and associated trust
> values.
>
> I think that the latter issue (assigning trust values to
> relationships) as this appears to becoming especially important now
> that work within the Semantic Web community is moving towards trust.

This is something I'd also like, to see as trust and reputation
infrastructure (eg for relationships) could be a valuable long term
goal, built of the foundation that FOAF provides.

However, I'm not sure how weight to an edge in RDF, without using a
wrapper around the subject object pair (predicate is assumed) or
reification, though i understand reification is not a popular option.

Perhaps named graphs can help, or maybe storing an extra field in a DB
for the weighting?