[foaf-dev] [foaf-protocols] FOAF Activity Streams

Story Henry henry.story at bblfish.net
Tue Mar 17 15:47:10 CET 2009

On 14 Mar 2009, at 12:25, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> Enter your FOAF, and it will try and find your activity stream:
>
> Example: http://foaf.me/activity.php?uri=http://identi.ca/mhausenblas/foaf

This is really nice work! :-)

> There are a few more working examples on the page, beneath the input
> box.  It currently uses
>
> foaf:holdsAccount
> foaf:accountProfilePage

Even though I use accountProfilePage in my foaf, and blogged about it,
I realised recently that this is not in the spec (yet?)

On 4 Febuary Simon Reihardt wrote on foaf-dev:
> Anyway, foaf:accountProfilePage seems to be what many people use
> (including Henry Story: [4]). I still disagree with that because in
> my eyes foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf [5] captures exactly what is needed
> here. So if you really have to use yet another property just because
> it's used in a context where foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf hasn't been used
> before (but is perfectly valid for), then go ahead, but at least
> make it a sub-property of foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf. In my eyes it's an
> unnecessary duplication of properties. More re-use! Makes data
> integration easier! :-)

So I am not myself sure what to do. But as you have found an
interesting use for this, perhaps this shows this is widespread enough
to be included in the standard...

Henry