[foaf-dev] Foaf HTML specification inaccessible if one has rdf in Accept headers

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 23:46:23 CET 2009

Hi all,

I had application/rdf+xml in my header file and the foaf website
redirected my request for http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.html to
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/ (which returns RDF).

Is it possible to change this behaviour, and add a link back from the
RDF version to the HTML version for people like me who like direct
links to HTML documents with more information in them even if they can
assimilate bare RDF/XML to some degree.

When I take out the application/rdf+xml from my Accept headers
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.html and
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/index.rdf do the right things, so it is
only a bug with the content negotiation part. When the CN behaviour is
fixed, a link back from the RDF document to the HTML document would be
nice, in a similar way as the link in the HTML document shows people
how they can always get the RDF document.

Cheers,

Peter