[foaf-dev] referring via meta link to an opera-hosted foaf file

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Sun Sep 27 22:52:47 CEST 2009

I've been playing with Opera browser's ability to enable the user to also personally serve pages (including my foaf file). The foaf file is only resolvable when I'm "active"  with the browser (and thus a, logged into and live with the opera-service that allows (rdf) files in my browser-space to be visible on the web).

How would I tell the world this?

How can the world know that my foaf file will only quite normally be ONLY SOMETIMES available, via the meta link?

The times it is available are essentially a presence service, of course.

Peter

Perhaps you could use a header in your HTML, something along the lines of :

<link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="FOAF" href="http://personal.strath.ac.uk/paola.dimaio/paola.rdf" />

But again, I am only suggesting that as a convention I am aware of, I don't think there is a mandated "right way". I guess you could also have some rdfa pointing to your foaf docume