[foaf-dev] FOAF spec revised - addition of foaf:focus, some rough edges tidied, and new rough edges added

Bob Ferris zazi at elbklang.net
Mon Aug 9 11:09:49 CEST 2010

Hi Dan,

congrats to the new release. Here some more proposals from VoCamp
2010[1], which seem to be very interesting:

<rdf:Description rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/topic_interest">
        <owl:propertyChainAxiom rdf:parseType="Collection">
                <rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://xmlns.notu.be/wi/preference"/>
                <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://xmlns.notu.be/wi/topic"/>
        </owl:propertyChainAxiom>
</rdf:Description>

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/follows">
       <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"/>
        <rdfs:subPropertyOf
rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/topic_interest"/>
        <rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://xmlns.notu.be/wi/" />
</owl:ObjectProperty>

Furthermore, I think foaf:interest is a bit misleading, because it has
the range of foaf:Document. I know there is also foaf:topic_interest
with an open range (or at least owl:Thing). However, I would prefer
foaf:interest here and introduce a new sub property of foaf:page for the
first use case (see also [2]).

Cheers,

Bob

[1]