[foaf-dev] js RDF help wanted! integrating FOAF++ RDF into Firefox Contacts

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Mon Dec 20 14:24:50 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl at w3.org> wrote:

> On 2010-06 -12, at 18:36, Dan Brickley wrote:
>
>> +cc: TimBL ( ... Tim, can you pass this along to tabulator folks?)
>>
>> Hi folks
>>
>> I have made a rough start at integrating FOAF into the (rather cool)
>> Firefox 'contacts in the browser' Mozilla Labs codebase.
>
> pointer?
> Is that something I should try to integrate with Tabulator?

I got wedged as Contacts stopped working with any of my Firefox
installations. I'll try to dig out my works-in-progress.

I definitely encourage you to take a look at https://mozillalabs.com/contacts/
-> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/243985/
(note the link in the mozillalabs.com page was to an outdated version,
last time I checked).

Their code repo is http://hg.mozilla.org/labs/people

Mailing list,
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla-labs-online-identity

They have a pile of importers (I think using a separate oauth addon),
http://hg.mozilla.org/labs/people/file/f5bee994fb14/modules/importers

My own was pretty much just copied from the hCard one, and I didn't
get very far, so I suggest starting here -
http://hg.mozilla.org/labs/people/file/f5bee994fb14/modules/importers/hcard.js
as it should be up to date with their latest APIs. I only looked at
public data read from simple Web fetch, no auth or platform API stuff.
But since the tool does pull in date from behind many such APIs,
providing a foaf/rdf view over the aggregated contacts data (in SQL)
would be good too.

Hope this helps,