[foaf-dev] Using FOAF to create a bloggers directory

Eyal Sela eyal at isoc.org.il
Sun Feb 21 16:35:25 CET 2010

Hello all,

My name is Eyal Sela, I am a project manager at the Israeli Internet
association (ISOC-IL) and I operate the Israeli W3C office.

I would be glad to hear you opinion about the following idea:

I would like to build a web application/website that will present visually
(somewhat like the FOAF Explorer) a directory of bloggers that has a FOAF
file. It will display them in various categories (like the topics of the
blog) and so on.

I hope that besides the direct value of such an application (being a
centralized place for blogs listings) – it will have an indirect benefit of
higher awareness to the semantic web. Since the audience will bloggers, it
is likely that they will tell about it and help spared the word…

What do you think about the idea? Is it good/worthless/have been done
already? Any tips suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

אייל סלע | מנהל פרויקטים, הועדה הטכנולוגית ומשרד ה-W3C הישראלי | איגוד
האינטרנט הישראלי | 03-9700910 |  <http://www.isoc.org.il> www.isoc.org.il |
<http://www.w3c.org.il> www.w3c.org.il

Eyal Sela | Project Manager, Technology Committee & the Israeli W3C office |
Israel Internet Association (ISOC-IL) | Tel: +972-3-9700910 |