[foaf-dev] A FOAF 2 FOAF (micro) payment system

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Sun Jul 25 10:02:25 CEST 2010

This is probably unrelated, and I haven't been following the technical details
in this thread, but this was just mentioned on the foocampers list (I understand
that microfinance and micropayment are different issues, but the discussions
seem to cross over, so please just ignore this if it's irrelevant):

http://www.mifos.org/

[[
a ref on microfinance and tools:

OSCON Session:

they talked about MIFOS: open source banking software : http://www.mifos.org/
What is the Mifos Initiative?

Mifos is an industry-wide initiative to address the microfinance industry's
information management challenge. Using the open source paradigm, we are
creating a new service model that will increase access to technology for all
microfinance institutions, ultimately enabling them to extend their reach to the
world?s poor.

At the center of the initiative is the Mifos product, a freely available
world-class management information system (MIS) that provides the core
functionality required by microfinance institutions. The flexibility and
scalability of the product means that we'll be able to simultaneously
standardize common processes, accommodate regional variations, and scale for new
innovations in the future.
]]

#g