[foaf-dev] alternate names for people

Mischa Tuffield mmt04r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 12:36:28 CEST 2010

Hello,

Why not create two foaf:People, with different foaf:names. You could then decide to sameAs them if you like, or give them a shared inverse functional property (IFP). Not sure that what IFPs you could use for MarkTwain though, off the top of my head, you could have foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf <http://dbpedia/resource/Twain'sBiography> (I just made up that URI sorry, but something along those lines must exist - albeit a URI of a book on amazon).

I don't see it being any different from having multiple personas across different social networking sites, i.e. on linkedIn (my business persona), and facebook (my social persona) are totally different aspects of my online identity. Saying that I do share a homepage IFP on the two sites, but only my friends can see my IFP in facebook.

Mmm, not sure if I am being helpful, or simply proposing a convoluted solution to your problem.

Mischa