[foaf-dev] Temporal Information For Groups in FOAF

Corey Wallis corey.wallis at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jun 7 02:40:35 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm new to FOAF and to RDF in general so I apologise if this question
has been answered before. I've Googled but can't seem to find what I'm
looking for.

In essence I'm mapping the relationships between people who have
contributed to a theatre event.

My current thinking is to use the Group [1] term as way to group
together all of the people who have contributed to an event.

The reason I'm thinking of using the Group term, as opposed to the
Relationship vocabulary [2], is that it appears to me that the group
structure will be more flexible and allow me to include additional
information about the event.

Two pieces of important information that I need to represent is a start
and end date of the event.

Has anyone represented temporal information in FOAF / RDF before and if
so how did you do it?

Alternatively if there is a way to use the Relationship vocabulary and
include temporal information on the duration of the relationship, I'd be
interested in hearing about that as well.

Any thoughts are gratefully received.

With thanks.

-Corey

[1] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_Group