[foaf-dev] alternate names for people

Mauro Bieg mauro.bieg at gmx.net
Sun Jun 13 10:46:03 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

I just stumpled over the following from http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-primer-20040210/#containers:
'The distinction between the intended meanings of a Bag and an Alt can be further illustrated by considering the authorship of the book "Huckleberry Finn". The book has exactly one author, but the author has two names (Mark Twain and Samuel Clemens). Either name is sufficient to specify the author. Thus using an Alt container for the author's names more accurately represents the relationship than using a Bag (which might suggest there are two different authors).'

so that seems to be a simple way to have alternative names, but it doesn't have any explicit semantics...

Mauro