[foaf-dev] Some proposals

Bob Ferris zazi at elbklang.net
Fri Jun 18 22:28:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

here are some news re. the info service proposal of agenda point no. 2:

I created a separate Info Service Ontology [1,2] with a basic
is:InfoService concept and some additional ones for describing such an
info service (is:InfoServiceQuality, is:InfoServiceType). The main hook
re. specific websites from an info service is is:info_service, which
associates an is:InfoService instance to a foaf:Document instance (a
website link).
Furthermore, I defined some is:InfoService individuals, especially
is:musicbrainz [3] as proof-of-concept example. Therefore, I used also
some category definitions from DBpedia.
Please feel to add comments, critics and suggestions re. which
properties might useful for describing an info service.
Planned extensions are:
- enabling multiple info service quality ratings, e.g. by using [4]
- defining a is:recommendation property

Cheers,

Bob

PS: more examples are in progress ;)