[foaf-dev] Multiple language foaf descriptions

Lorenzo De Tomasi lorenzo.detomasi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 09:20:25 CEST 2010

Ciao from Italy,

I'm working on a Gnu/Gpl xforms version of foaf-a-matic and I'm wondering
about a question:
if a user wants to create multiple translation of his personal description,
what is the best way to describe them in foaf?

I think that a single rdf file for each language is the best.By this way,
you can specify different data for each language, i.e. en: <foaf:homepage
rdf:resource="http://isotype.org"/> | it: <foaf:homepage rdf:resource="
http://isotype.org/?lang=it"/>

What do you think?

A language shuold be specified for each file. Which is the best location for
the info?
<foaf:PersonalProfileDocument rdf:about="" xml:lang="it">?
or
owl:DatatypeProperty: The OWL specifications give a name for those
properties whose values are textually-expressed: "DataTypeProperty". RDF
allows these to be either plain literal values (these can also carry an
indicator of their language, via xml:lang), or else "data-typed", which
means they are marked with a URI indicating their type (but no language
tagging).

How can I specify the translation relationschip between the different rdf
files?

Thank you very much
Best regards

--
Salta la crisi! Investi in comunicazione <http://isotype.org/?lang=it>
--

Rispetta il tuo ambiente, pensa prima di stampare questa e-mail. Grazie.