[foaf-dev] pgp key

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Fri Mar 19 08:50:45 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:57 AM, tyler gillies <tjgillies at gmail.com> wrote:

> would it be a good idea to extend the foaf spec to include key information (such as fingerprint) or is there a better schema out there?

There is a sibling vocab, http://xmlns.com/wot/0.1/  although it never
had very careful design review. My preference is to incorporate the
essence of it directly into FOAF, since it will lower the cost of use
in namespace-hostile or namespace-expensive environments like HTML
(eg. RDFa). Main thing blocking that is wanting also at same time to
use similar idioms for PGP keys and for SSL (due to all the energy
around FOAF+SSL). Anyone care to take a look at the design issues and
recommend which properties to bring into FOAF ns?

cheers,