[foaf-dev] OpenPals - FOAF-based open source social infrastructure

Mischa Tuffield mmt04r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 23:22:31 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have had a look at the foaf rdf you output here :

http://www.openpals.net/provider/http://nnnnnk.myopenid.com/

And it is a bit odd, but a start I guess :)

I am not sure your subject URIs such as :

<http://nnnnnk.myopenid.com/> is not really a foaf:Person it is ?

It looks like a OpenID URL to me.

I would consider modelling your RDF differently,

for example instead of :

<http://nnnnnk.myopenid.com/> rdf:type foaf:Person .
(The openid URL is a foaf:Person) which I don't think is true ...)

I would do change it to something like :

_:bnode rdf:type foaf:Person .
_:bnode foaf:openid <http://nnnnnk.myopenid.com/> .

(There is a foaf:Person, who has a uniquely identifying property, an OpenID, which is  <http://nnnnnk.myopenid.com/> )

Does that make sense ?

Good work, and yeah, would be happy to help you get your data into a nice state if you like.

Mischa