[foaf-dev] FOAF site - unscheduled downtime

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Sep 17 02:15:21 CEST 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 01:07:52AM +0200, Dan Brickley wrote:
>I've disabled wiki.foaf-project.org for now. When it comes back up,
>I'll make it 'read only' except for those of us in FOAF club. Quite
>how we define that I'm open to suggestions. But first rule of FOAF
>club - don't be a spammer! Everything else is a nice extra. I think
>it's time to eat our own dogfood here, so I'll be revisiting
>http://danbri.org/words/2009/10/25/504 and looking around for other
>sources of trusted openids and webids too.

Suggestions for approval rules for the club:

   * Mailinglist poster with X-FOAF: header in the post
     - check that referenced FOAF exists, is valid
     - check that referenced FOAF file claims either From: or
     - if email was signed, then check if public key is part of
       a strong public web of trust.

All above checks are in theory possible to fake by spammers, but highly
unlikely, I believe.

This would help approve people like me involved in fre software and
using wikis and mailinglists, but not doing blogging. :-)

Kind regards,

  - Jonas