[foaf-dev] FOAF site downtime (including xmlns.com namespaces)

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Thu Apr 28 21:25:35 CEST 2011

Hi folks

Just to note / confirm that we have some server problems with all the
FOAF sites including the namespace at xmlns.com. They are hosted at
Amazon EC2. I have no indication that this is related to Amazon's
recent woes, ... it seems rather a misconfigured xmpp server is
causing trouble after reboot. I prefer to take the time to figure
things out carefully tommorrow, rather than race to get things back
for sake of uptime statistics.

As it happens this week I've been working with Tom (cc:'d) and Libby
to work out some policies between Dublin Core and FOAF to help with
longer term outages and persistence. One thing we talked about in
addition was also having quick / short-term 'get the namespace back
online' mechanisms for popular namespaces. So that's something we'll
follow up on!

Apologies for any inconvenience. Will send an update when I've figured
out a bit more,