[foaf-dev] FOAF and Google, SEO etc.

Bruce Whealton bruce at whealton.info
Sat Aug 13 02:44:34 CEST 2011

Paul,
       I went to both of your links below, the chisimba.com and
www.paulscott.za.net but didn't see a link to your foaf profile?
So, I looked at the code on www.chisimba.com thinking it might be in a link
tag in the head but it wasn't there.
Q: Is Chisimba.com a SEMWEB application?
Also, at the risk of sounding ignorant, how do you create your own pages on
evri.com?  I have not been able to figure out what they want when I went to
setup my own content there.
Thanks,
Bruce

I find that Google (and others) indexes my FOAF and other semweb stuff
very aggressively without any additional work. Just by putting the
correct links to the generated output (my FOAF data is stored in a
database and whipped up on the fly as is needed) it does just fine. I do
have a sitemap as well, although it doesn't seem to be that important to
Google in my experience.

What I have ended up doing is using FOAF for my identity data and SIOC
to work with the content.

--
-- Paul

http://www.paulscott.za.net