[foaf-dev] FOAF-RDF-2-(X)HTML+RDFa-izer?

Bob Ferris zazi at elbklang.net
Sun Feb 6 21:13:32 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

Your project idea sounds interesting and the example page looks really
good. However, I can't find any hypertext link that references your FOAF
profile in a RDF serialization format. With RDFa the content negotiation
step is primarily not necessary. This enables an easier deployment. No
configuration for content negotiation is necessary. Although, it could
still be deployed and the (X)HTML+RDFa lives side by side with the other
RDF serialization formats. Whereby, the (X)HTML+RDFa document has the
advantage that it is out-of-the-box usable by human and machine agents.
It enables me to serve processable views for both humans and machines in
one document.
I think (X)HTML+RDFa deployment is crucial for FOAF profiles and for
Linked Data deployment in general (see for example GoodRelations).

Cheers,

Bob