[foaf-dev] Bio Schema in github

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:40:45 CET 2011

On 27 February 2011 13:49, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:
> On 27 February 2011 13:23, Ian Davis <me at iandavis.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As an experiment I have added the Bio Schema to github. This means if
>> you want to suggest a change you can clone the repository, make your
>> changes and send me a pull request to update the master copy. I don't
>> know if this experiment will work or not, but it's worth a try. If
>> people think it's a good idea then I will try with some others like
>> Relationship and FRBR.
>>
>> Repo is at https://github.com/iand/vocab-bio
>>
>> Credit goes to Ross Singer and his experiment at
>> https://github.com/rsinger/LinkedMARCCodes which gave me the
>> inspiration.
>
> Interesting :)
>
> We have all the FOAF ns gubbins living in SVN. I'd like to keep the
> authoritiative copy in self-hosted SVN for now at least, but wiring up
> to git / github could be worthwhile. I know in practice for eg there
> are a few "OWL DL friendly" variants of FOAF floating around. It would
> be much easier to track such explorations if they were visible in
> github as forks. Haven't investigated svn/git integration yet
> though...
>
> cheers,
>
> Dan

You can also sign a repo version (all files+history) with your GPG key

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-tag.html

-s Make a GPG-signed tag, using the default e-mail address’s key
-u <key-id> Make a GPG-signed tag, using the given key

We could then put this key in your foaf, or use it as your WebID.