[foaf-dev] ResourceMe - Open source social network software based on rdf/foaf

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jan 8 12:11:00 CET 2011

Hi bergi,

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 01:46:57AM +0100, bergi wrote:
>ResourceMe is (currently) a proof of concept for an open and
>decentralized social network and more.

This looks interesting!

Was it not for your choice of [language], I had immediately packaged it
officially for Debian to help spread it more widely.

I did add it to http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ExampleProjects - for
others to maybe pick it up.

Feel free to edit its description there (it is a wiki).  Or consider
attach a DOAP file to your project witha proposed short description.

A couple of nitpicking comments:

Seems you have a spelling error: planing → planning (at two places).

You could have more elegant URLs if you'd used an index page
(.../rme/index.html or .../rme/me/index.html) and just referred to the
index.  That way you could also later extend with translations of the
page or serve e.g. machine-oriented json or RDF+XML flavors of it -
without needing to change existing pointers to the page.

Good luck with your project,

   - Jonas

[language]: I personally dislike PHP and do my best to avoid it.  In my
opinion that language is too easy to accidentally create security flaws,
either yourself or through flaws of modules or the interpreter itself.