[foaf-dev] [ANN] Drupal 7.0 released with native RDFa support

Peter Williams pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Mon Jan 10 18:38:56 CET 2011

Does it build from source on windows, using Microsoft compilers?

I don't care if its unix style coding, versus Win32. In fact, for R&D in protocol design, unix security tradition would be fine since most of the document server threads will operate in user space, with only a deamon in the kernel being held responsible for demutiplexing secure channels from the wire to user space processes which "handle" the controlled information.

Im at the point where I want to leave the confines of what Microsoft give me in their TLS and cert path support, and want to explore the use of TLS PSK and SRT-zero knowledge handshakes on the backchannel link between server (receiving webid claim) and the provider of the RDFa document referenced by the webid. I suspect the best place to work now is in applying GNUTLS libraries to those channels, which would allow me to (a) not worry about what US browser vendors do or don't do with the SSL handshake when working with the webid protocol, and (b) play with my own SSL record layer protocols tuned to FOAF and semweb concepts - implemented using the mature GNUTLS framework.