[foaf-dev] foaf:accountProfilePage undocumented?

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Sun Jul 17 18:49:16 CEST 2011

On 17 July 2011 13:19, Mischa Tuffield <mischa.tuffield at garlik.com> wrote:
> Hi Fariz,
> So the foaf:accountProfilePage got dropped recently in favour of another
> predicate, which I can't recall off the top of my head. If I recall properly
> it was replaced around 8 months ago or so ...
> I am guessing the date you are finding out in the wild is due to legacy code
> and nothing else.

Yes, we got close to adding it properly, ... but backed out
(clumsily!) at the last minute, in favour of using simple
'foaf:account' relationships between people and pages that embody an
account. It is simpler, allowing in RDFa 1.1 us to write <a
href="http://twitter.com/danbri" rel="account" > ... or similar.

Dan

ps. the same time, foaf:holdsAccount became foaf:Account, and we
started worrying less about an OnlineAccount also being a Document.
Avoiding the intermediate entity removes some verbosity at little cost
to expressivity