[foaf-dev] Presenting FOAF and related RDF data and Submitting to Search Engines

Bruce Whealton bruce at whealton.info
Fri Jul 22 21:31:20 CEST 2011

Hello,
        I was wondering if anyone knew of good ways to present one’s FOAF profile in a human readable format.  I did find the
foaf-visualizer.org which is good and it uses jQuery.  I don’t know if jQuery can do SPARQL queries or not.  For example, suppose you had this:
<foaf:interest rdf:resource="http://dbpedia.org/resource/RDF" dc:title="RDF"/>
and you wanted the title to be used for the link text but the rdf:resource for the link.  When I used the foaf-visualizer.org it only displayed the rdf:resource as a link and ignored the dc:title.  Can someone explain if that would require SPARQL to get that, as there are two triples in this, one  is
<#me> foaf:interest <http://dbpedia.org/resource/RDF>
and the other is
< http://dbpedia.org/resource/RDF dc:title “RDF”

The other question I had related to Search Engines.  I usually submit to Sindice.com for Semantic Data.  Still, many people are using Google for searching.  Apparently, Google is indexing FOAF files.  If you had a directory of FOAF files in an RDF serialization, how would you submit them?  I tried creating a sitemap.xml and the only way I could get .rdf files into it was to manually add them.  I don’t know if they will be crawled or not.
Thanks for any advice, explanations,
Bruce
Bruce Whealton, Owner Future Wave Designs
FOAF: http://whealton.info/BruceWhealtonJr/foaf.rdf
Vcard: http://whealton.info/BruceWhealtonJr/brucewhealtonvcard.html
Web Design and Development http://FutureWaveDesigns.com
http://futurewavedesigns.com/wordpress/