[foaf-dev] parser error with bio: schema - uneven XML in rdfs:comment

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Wed Jun 8 21:37:14 CEST 2011

Hey Ian,

Parsing the bio: schema with the RDF::Trine Perl parser (see
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=WZxpxHiR) , I run into an error:
 http://chatlogs.planetrdf.com/swig/2011-06-08#T19-31-36

21:26 danbri: kasei, it seems parser doesn't like the bio: schema,
even if rapper does
21:26 danbri: 'Cannot canonicalize XMLLiteral: :2: parser error :
Extra content at the end of the document '
21:28 danbri: ah, the fragment is illformed
21:28 danbri: $VAR1 = '<p>Based on information at <a
href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England">Wikipedia</a>
and <a href="http://www3.dcs.hull.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gedlkup/n=royal?royal00828">Hull
University</a></p>
21:28 danbri: <pre>
21:28 danbri: interesting

... it seems the parser doesn't like the XML - presumably not being a
complete document. I tried tweaking it but just managed to generate
more errors (which suggest the entity-escaping is being undone and the
< and > causing trouble - Greg, could you take a look?).

Either way it seems a good thing having examples in the schema, so I
thought I'd pass this along rather than suffer in silence. And nice to
have pure Perl RDF tools that do SPARQL btw :)

cheers,