[foaf-dev] How to let the world know my profile?

Sarven Capadisli info at csarven.ca
Wed Jun 15 11:51:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 11:29 +0200, Frans Knibbe wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have created a FOAF profile for myself and I have put it online. It is
> hosted by one of my company's web servers. I am currently trying to
> persuade my colleagues to publish FOAF profiles for themselves too.
>
> I now wonder: How can I firmly place my profile data in the web of
> linked data? I have just registered my URI at www.foaf-search.net. Would
> that be sufficient to make my personal data discoverable from all places
> on the web? Or is it wise to register at other places too?
>
> Thanks,
> Frans

Hi Frans,

Best starting point in my opinion is to make sure that you have a
relationship between your FOAF URI and another e.g., foaf:knows. This
way, your URI is connected to other graphs, and opens up possibilities
for discovery.

Submitting a URI to a service is a centralized approach and it is one
aspect to being discovered.

There are many places to submit, so, I'll just give one of my
favourites ;) Sindice [1]. See also the Inspector tool. I may be
mistaken about this, but I think it eventually crawls new URIs once you
inspect.

[1] http://sindice.com/

-Sarven