[foaf-dev] FOAF for online profiles/accounts

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Jun 16 12:35:30 CEST 2011

On 11-06-16 at 10:53am, Michael Haschke wrote:
> I doubt that using foaf is the best way to describe a working
> portfolio, it lacks semantics what kind of project it is, e.g. client
> work, personal, own startups, and what stuff you have done, planning,
> programming, layouting, etc ... if anyone here can suggest a good
> vocabulary to describe that stuff, please share.

It seems these are the most prominent approaches:

  * DOAC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Description_of_a_Career
  * ResumeRDF: http://rdfs.org/resume-rdf/

DOAC, although having the most catchy name, seems the least compelling
to use - it hasn't been updated for a while and from ResumeRDF analysis
seems to have some flaws.

ResumeRDF is not as nicely documented for end-users - I found very few
examples and similar "light reading".  It seems still active, though -
and apparently being integrated as an addon to SIOC: mentioned among
"sioc-t" (SIOC-types) here: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/hcls/notes/sioc/ .

Here's a (somewhat dated) summary of career ontologies:
http://carrotsandthemind.blogspot.com/2008/10/frantic-semantics-doap-foaf-doac-sioc.html

 - Jonas