[foaf-dev] How to let the world know my profile?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Jun 16 12:52:48 CEST 2011

On 11-06-16 at 05:37am, Bruce Whealton wrote:
> It's too bad there wasn't a loop function that would grab the facebook
> URI for all of one's friends.  Otherwise, I guess you would just visit
> their profiles and grab the number at the end of the profile, right?

It is not in the interest of Facebook that others harvest their info, so
most likely it is a deliberate design choice.

You might find this tool interesting: http://zesty.ca/facebook/

If you are into hacking Javascript, you could maybe adapt that codebase
to generate RDF instead.  If so, please share the result here (I believe
the code is FLOSS, so derivations should also be permitted to release as
FLOSS as well).

> And if they have a profile like http://facebook.com/brucewhealton can
> one use that instead of the numbers?

I believe that is discouraged, as the number is stable unlike the name
(anyone is free to pick a name themselves and change it again later).

 - Jonas