[foaf-dev] Extending foaf with bio and rel

Bruce Whealton bruce at whealton.info
Thu Jun 16 16:13:53 CEST 2011

Kevin,
         Thanks for the help.  I had the wrong path for dc.  And I did have it inside a foaferson tag.  Now it doesn’t like the way I specify my parents.  I suppose I should add some information to specify a name for my parents and maybe some more information.  And does father and mother need to be capitalized, which doesn’t seem that it would cause the next problem to show up.   It says that ref:resource is not allowed in the rdfseeAlso tag.  Like this:

<bio:father>
    <foaf:Person>
            <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://brucewhealton.us/BruceWhealton2/foaf.rdf"/>
    </foaf:Person>
</bio:father>
<bio:mother>
     <foaf:Person>
         <rdfs:seeAlso rdf:resource="http://whealton.info/KathleenWhealton/foaf.rdf" />
     </foaf:Person>
</bio:mother>

I couldn’t find too many examples of files that use this vocabulary or how to specifically look for vocabs that extensively use a particular vocabulary.  I’d like to see some files that use rel also and doac – description of a career, which might be good for my web development clients.
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce,

The first questions are:
What errors are you receiving from the validator?
What else do you have in the RDF (have you defined your prefixes, is the bio:Birth inside a foaf:Person, &c.)?

When I added the prefixes for the namespaces, it validated just fine.

<rdf:RDF
xmlns:bio="http://purl.org/vocab/bio/0.1/"
xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<bio:Birth>
<dc:date>1966-04-22</dc:date>
<bio:place rdf:resource="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Britain,_CT" />
</bio:Birth>
</rdf:RDF>

Cheers,
Kevin

---
Kevin Pickens
A+ | Network + | Security+ | Project+
kbpickens at gmail.com | http://kbpickens.me
+1(540)999-6257 (office) | +1(508)664-8314 (fax)