[foaf-dev] Expressing twitter account name in triples

Alexander Gödde alexander.goedde at tavendo.de
Fri Jun 17 14:47:22 CEST 2011

Hi!

First of all: when is "foaf:twitterID" going to be added to the vocabulary? The model for this is clear from predicates such as "foaf:skypeID", and twitter by now has reached an importance comparable to the chat or messaging services that predicates are provided for in the vocabulary.

Second: I've had a look at the examples using "foaf:account" etc., like the one from the spec, which, adjusted for me + twitter, would read:

<foaf:Person>
  <foaf:name>Alexander Goedde</foaf:name>
  <foaf:account>
    <foaf:OnlineAccount>
      <rdf:type rdf:resource="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/OnlineChatAccount"/>
      <foaf:accountServiceHomepage
               rdf:resource="http://www.twitter.com/"/>
      <foaf:accountName>gzost</foaf:accountName>
    </foaf:OnlineAccount>
  </foaf:account>
</foaf:Person>

Not only is this extremely verbose to express a by now everyday data item, but I also have a problem when flattening it out to triples. I can only do this using blank nodes, which I always find ugly. Any known workaround for this?

Alexander Gödde
Intellectual Property Professional

+49(0)9131 940 3575
+49(0)176 81 032 874
alexander.goedde at tavendo.de<mailto:alexander.goedde at tavendo.de>
skype: alexander.goedde<skype:alexander.goedde?call>

[cid:image001.png at 01CC2CFC.33510430]

Tavendo GmbH · Am Weihersbach 13 · 91074 Herzogenaurach · Deutschland
Office / Postanschrift : Waldstrasse 18 · 91054 Erlangen · Deutschland
+49(+)700 GO TAVENDO · +49(0)700 46 828 36 36 · www.tavendo.de<http://www.tavendo.de/>
Amtsgericht Fürth · HRB 10365 · USt-Id.Nr DE246462916 · Geschäftsführer Tobias Oberstein