[foaf-dev] Linking foaf and other rdf documents/resources

Bruce Whealton bruce at whealton.info
Wed Jun 29 18:10:26 CEST 2011

Thanks Matthew.  This relates to my question regarding Mischa’s response where I asked what exactly is the meaning of the use of the hash symbol in references, for example:
#me or #BruceWhealton like this:
http://brucewhealton.us/BruceWhealton/foaf.rdf#me or
http://brucewhealton.us/BruceWhealton/foaf.rdf#BruceWhealton
yes the latter is getting redundant in the use of my name.  I had put different FOAF files in folders that match their name.  That way I can name all the FOAF files as foaf.rdf
So, the file about my wife is here:
http://brucewhealton.us/ElnazWhealton/foaf.rdf

It also occurred to me, regarding what Mischa was saying about unambiguously referring to a person by adding an email address that if one were referring to historical persons, or one’s ancestors using
FOAF and other vocabularies, they don’t have email addresses.  So, I cannot distinguish between my grandfather and my great-great grandfather, who both had the same name, using an email address.  If they are both in the same RDF file, I believe I would need to use a nodeID on a foaf:Person container to uniquely refer to each of them.  Does that make sense?
Thanks,
Bruce