[foaf-dev] FOAF Press was FOAF Properties

Keith Alexander k.j.w.alexander at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 12:43:01 CEST 2011

Hi Bruce,

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Bruce Whealton <bruce at whealton.info> wrote:
> Keith,
>         What a coincidence.  I was watching this great video on using Drupal
> and the SPARQL modules that exist.  Lin Clark was talking about using Kasabi
> and that was what I was considering to do.  I was wondering how hard that is
> to do.

Not too hard - for if you have a bunch of small (ie, web-page sized)
RDF documents, you can just upload the files individually through the
kasabi website.

>         I am a bit unclear on how to do this redirect rule or rules. Sorry
> for my ignorance but you said use a Describe <{request_uri}> query - do you
> mean a Sparql query?

Yes

> But the redirect needs to happen on the server, right,
> using Apache and the .htaccess file.

Yes. But if your RDF is already published as Linked Data, you don't
need to do this. My suggestion was that if you had a SPARQL endpoint
with your data, but the URIs didn't dereference, you could
rewrite/redirect a request for  those URIs to a SPARQL query for
triples with the requested URI as a subject.

> Or a different file.
>        Can you or anyone tell me how I could get a better handle on this,
> please.  It was a question that I had about installing FOAFpress too.

I hadn't looked at foafpress before, but it looks like a really nice
project, and the eye candy was so pretty I tried it, and also found
the documentation not so clear on the last step  (where to put the RDF
files so that foafpress can find them), but I figured it out in the
end and put the way I did it on the project wiki
https://github.com/haschek/Foafpress/wiki/TroubleShooting