[foaf-dev] New FOAF properties

Bob Ferris zazi at smiy.org
Mon Sep 12 11:49:41 CEST 2011

Hi Bruce,

the Cognitive Characteristics Ontology (CCO) can not be seen as an
ontology for describing an entire CV/Resume, although experience and
parts of the education can be described with the help of terms of CCO
(see also the cco:CharacteristicDynamics [1] modelling option for this
issue). Furthermore, projects can be related with FOAF terms
(foaf:pastProject [2], foaf:currentProject [3]).
DOAC looks very promising for describing an entire CV/Resume. It claims
compatibility to Europass (see [4]). The problem with DOAC is at least
at the moment that the ontology specification information resource [5]
doesn't resolve. I found a further example at schemapedia (see [6]).
AFAIK I reviewed DOAC as well before I started modelling CCO.
Unfortunately, I cannot remember my decision against utilising this
vocabulary for my use case :\
While browsing the LOV repository [7] for DOAC, I discovered the Whois
Vocabulary [8], which also seems to be quite promising for modelling an
entire CV/Resume.

Cheers,

Bo

[1] http://purl.org/ontology/cco/core#CharacteristicDynamics