[foaf-dev] FOAF 1.0 Planning Doc
py.vandenbussche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:23:28 EDT 2012
In the context of the Linked Open Vocabularies (LOV) project I lead with
Bernard Vatant, I made a review of the most popular vocabulary FOAF. It
appears that this vocabulary lacks of metadata and language information.
you can find a revised version of FOAF (based on v0.98)
As Dan suggested ,I list below the modifications I've done, a diff file is
available [here] <http://vocommons.org/foaf.diff> :
- add xml:base to make explicit the default namespace (required for
several RDF API library)
- add useful vocabularies for the description of foaf metadata (voaf,
- add issued and modified date
- add version info
- add voaf:Vocabulary type
- add creators URI
- add homepage link
- add dc:rights
- add cc:license
- add vann:preferredNamespacePrefix and Uri
- add xml:lang="en" on every english string
- add french labels for each non archaic element
What else could be done :
- add a isReplacedBy to archaic elements as it is usually some typo
- some labels does not respect the common typo rules e.g.
"topic_interest" -> "topic interest" or "PersonalProfileAccount" ->
"Personal Profile Account" or "openid" -> "openID"
- properties beginning with a capital letter e.g. Skype ID (I know it's
arguable since it is a trademark )
- use of plural form e.g. "publications" -> "publication"
I hope these remarks are relevant and useful.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the foaf-dev