[foaf-dev] Wishlists / requests for next rev of FOAF spec?

Bob Ferris zazi at smiy.org
Tue Jun 12 03:16:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 06/03/2012 09:49 PM, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Wednesday 30. May 2012 18.00.26 Dan Brickley wrote:
>> Yeah, it's about time we shipped a new one.
>>
>> Anyone else got suggestions?
>
> I always wanted a foaf:personal_phone, which would be a subproperty of
> foaf:phone and an IFP/key/or something. My phone number is probably one of
> my strongest identifiers these days.
>
> Also, perhaps some terms should change status. I would suggest the
> following upgraded to stable:
> foaf:Document
> foaf:Image
> foaf:based_near
> foaf:depiction
> foaf:depicts
> foaf:img
> foaf:mbox_sha1sum
> foaf:name
> foaf:nick
> foaf:page
> foaf:phone
> foaf:schoolHomepage
> foaf:thumbnail
> foaf:topic_interest
> foaf:weblog
> foaf:workplaceHomepage

+1 for upgrading the majority of these terms to stable. However, I would
exclude the homepage relations (foaf:schoolHomepage and
foaf:workplaceHomepage), because one would rather link a workplace
and/or school resource today (which can even have a more detailed
description), or?
Re. modelling the "like" relation, I would also suggest to have a look
at the Association Ontology [1], whose approach was a bit different
because it modelled the "like" relation from the object direction and
which is a bit more verbose.

Cheers,

Bo

[1] http://purl.org/ontology/ao/core#