[foaf-dev] Wishlists / requests for next rev of FOAF spec?

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Tue Jun 12 03:26:27 EDT 2012

On 12 June 2012 09:16, Bob Ferris <zazi at smiy.org> wrote:

> +1 for upgrading the majority of these terms to stable. However, I would
> exclude the homepage relations (foaf:schoolHomepage and
> foaf:workplaceHomepage), because one would rather link a workplace and/or
> school resource today (which can even have a more detailed description),

A major appeal of these two is deployment simplicity in the newly
standardised RDFa Lite (which btw pre-declares the 'foaf:' prefix).

  property="foaf:homepage">I</a> attended
  property="foaf:schoolHomepage">Westergate</a> school,
  and work at <a href="http://www.vu.nl/"
  property="foaf:workplaceHomepage">VU Amsterdam</a>.

Try pasting that into http://rdfa.info/play/ and you get

@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix foaf: <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/> .

_:1
   rdf:type foaf:Person;
   foaf:homepage <http://danbri.org/>;
   foaf:schoolHomepage <http://learning.westergate.w-sussex.sch.uk/>;
   foaf:workplaceHomepage <http://www.vu.nl/> .

... since we care about linked data, more information about those
institutions ought to be available from their homepages; we don't need
to fully describe them each time.

How would this look if the orgs were described directly inline?

Dan