[foaf-dev] di: (DIGEST) URI scheme and foaf:mbox_sha1sum

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Fri Mar 2 04:04:31 EST 2012

On 1 March 2012 23:00, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen at openlinksw.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been playing around with the di: (DIGEST) URI scheme [1] re. a variety
> of WebID related endeavors [2]. In doing so, it dawned on me that
> foaf:mbox_sha1sum could also benefit from this (immensely) if the range of
> this property was changed to a URI :-)

Thanks. I tend to think mbox_sha1sum has served its historical
purpose, and we should move along. Too many people misunderstand the
risks around it. These days many people people have a Web presence of
some kind anyway (even if just a Twitter URL), and those are much more
useful to collect and share.

Dan