[foaf-dev] di: (DIGEST) URI scheme and foaf:mbox_sha1sum
pwilliams at rapattoni.com
Fri Mar 2 12:57:30 EST 2012
Looks interesting. It looks like a classical injection of one references in trust space into another - leveraging the reach of the public trust to boot a private trust.
We do this everyday...when one notarizes a will using the public trust, to establish a private trust; or one notarizes the instrument enabling a lawyer to speak for an ailing parent in the legal sense (but not rewrite the will or terms of the rollover trust to come into existence upon passing).
What is interesting is when one has uses multiple, parallel versions of the public trust to bear the signals. That is... one is using both Google and Yahoo (and 10 other "communication channels"), along with a court filing, a parking ticket (you get yourself cited, in order to create the record... managed with the full overhead of the criminal justice system), the patent disclosure to the federal government, the covert interception (you get your phone calls wiretapped, so the security of the wiretapping process is leveraged to create a (really cheap) time buffer around the release of the confidentiality of the wiretapped-copies of the voice packets).
One can do the same thing with CNAMEs and RRs, where one super-labels a VeriSign cert used in an SSL handshake and one wants to super-label its domain-name. Using "claims" injection is a classical (US) concept of survivable network design (all very DARPA)
Of course, this make unconstrained linked data a threat to those interests....since it facilitates a "re-purposing" of their trust brand, and undermines their control of the relying parties - who now have alternative channels of control. One has to ensure that the IDP gets SOMETHING back, for providing such reach (otherwise they will not do it). That something does NOT include enabling them to have an exclusive control/governance relationship - which will be their default negotiating position (given human nature).
From: foaf-dev-bounces at lists.foaf-project.org [mailto:foaf-dev-bounces at lists.foaf-project.org] On Behalf Of Melvin Carvalho
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 2:37 AM
To: Kingsley Idehen
Cc: public-webid at w3.org; foaf-dev
Subject: Re: [foaf-dev] di: (DIGEST) URI scheme and foaf:mbox_sha1sum
On 1 March 2012 23:00, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen at openlinksw.com<mailto:kidehen at openlinksw.com>> wrote:
I've been playing around with the di: (DIGEST) URI scheme  re. a variety of WebID related endeavors . In doing so, it dawned on me that foaf:mbox_sha1sum could also benefit from this (immensely) if the range of this property was changed to a URI :-)
1. http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hallambaker-digesturi-02.html - di: (DIGEST) scheme URI specs
2. http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fmv%2Fdata%2Fafacf6b868e6cb36f71d2cecc6d531a26ce1f2ef%23767F34A711C3AC275A27A9C9B25EB7BC9D4A861C -- graph produced by my WebID compliant X.509 Certificate Generator following interaction with Google's OpenID service re. attribute exchange and Identity verification
3. http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fdataspace%2Fperson%2FKingsleyUyiIdehen1%23this -- profile page associated with the certificate described above
4. http://id.myopenlink.net/fct/rdfdesc/usage.vsp?g=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fmv%2Fdata%2Fafacf6b868e6cb36f71d2cecc6d531a26ce1f2ef%23this&tp=4 -- metadata view that leverages foaf:mbox being an IFP property type
5. http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=di%3Asha1%3Bdn80pxHDrCdaJ6nJsl63vJ1Khhw%3Fhashtag%3Dwebid%26uri%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fid.myopenlink.net%252Fc%252F35CGM -- di: (DIGEST) URI scheme lookup (which would also apply to similar scheme for holding email address digests) .
Incredible. Some of this stuff is like WebID on steroids :)
1. https://plus.google.com/s/di%3A%20scheme%20URI%20idehen -- collection of posts relating to our use of di: scheme URIs with WebID .
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Personal Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen<http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/%7Ekidehen>
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen
Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/112399767740508618350/about
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen
foaf-dev mailing list
foaf-dev at lists.foaf-project.org<mailto:foaf-dev at lists.foaf-project.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the foaf-dev