[foaf-dev] Mapping (tv and radio) programmes to their social media accounts

Dan Brickley danbri at danbri.org
Wed May 30 20:55:06 EDT 2012

On 30 May 2012 16:11, Damian Steer <pldms at mac.com> wrote:

>>> cool, makes life simpler
>>
>> Perhaps a bit too simple ;) - if you declare po:Programme to be the
>> same as (owl:sameAs) foaf:Agent,
>
> I don't think Dan meant anything like that. All that's been suggested is that some programmes may have accounts, i.e. some programmes are (by implication) agents.

Yup, suggestion was that some (maybe even all) progs can usefully
described as agents. Not that all agents (including people) are
programmes.

I don't think we'd even both saying very explicitly 'programme
sublcassof agent'. Agency in the weak sense of foaf (and dublincore)
is very contextual. A hailstone that breaks a window, for example,
might usefully be described in some contexts as an agent. But saying
'hailstone subclass agent' isn't particularly informative.

cheers,