[foaf-dev] Wishlists / requests for next rev of FOAF spec?

Melvin Carvalho melvincarvalho at gmail.com
Thu May 31 02:09:01 EDT 2012

On 31 May 2012 03:00, Dan Brickley <danbri at danbri.org> wrote:

> On 30 May 2012 13:17, Michael Smethurst <Michael.Smethurst at bbc.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

> >> Use a real URI e.g.
> >> http://twitter.com/foobar here, rather than a bNode. And although we
> >> have accountName and accountServiceHomepage (or whatever they're
> >> called) imho these days 90% of the value is usually in a simple link.
> >
> > yup, took your advice (via libby) on that with:
> > http://foafminster.heroku.com/people/30464103.ttl
> > would it be worth updating the foaf spec to include that advice?
>
> Yeah, it's about time we shipped a new one.
>
> Anyone else got suggestions? I'd like to align the basic addressbook
> stuff with Portable Contacts (and schema.org) and do some general
> tidying. Anything else?
>

>From memory foaf : like / likes seemed to be taken positively

foaf : bitcoin was proposed, mind you we can simply do foaf : account
<bitcoin:1234....> ... so perhaps that can go on ice for the time being

on the (my) radar still is to clean up wot / the new web keys spec / webid
ontologies / dsig -- we probably do need to start thinking about a trust
and reputation system for the web, but it's a project in itself