[foaf-dev] FOAF profile management

Nicola Vitucci nicola.vitucci at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 12:01:04 EDT 2015

> Sounds great.  You may want to look at:
>
> https://linkeddata.github.io/profile-editor/
>
> Which also supports FOAF+SSL (which is now rebranded to WebID)

Hi Melvin,

thanks for the pointer, I've tried the editor with my own FOAF profile
and it is really cool! BTW, I forgot to mention that some preliminary
work on the manager (which can be run from the command line too) can be
found here:

https://github.com/nvitucci/foaf-manager

As for FOAF-SSL/WebID my main question is: what is the most up-to-date
specification for the certificate description in a FOAF file? The terms
defined in the Cert Ontology (http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#) are still
"unstable", and I've seen around different ways to describe the elements
of a public key and their datatypes besides the examples shown there.
Same goes for the format of the certificate, as on the WebID-TLS page
(http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/tls/) the certificate
example is reported as "no longer valid". What should I use in the
validator?

Thanks,

Nicola