[foaf-dev] Feedback on Relationship Ontology

Ian Davis me at iandavis.com
Thu Feb 11 15:38:40 EST 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016, at 08:11 PM, Chris Yocum wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using FOAF and the relationship ontologies to create RDF
> of early Irish genealogies.  This works remarkably well; however,
> there are two things that may need improving if anyone is still
> interested in this stuff.  First, a minor one: livesWith is listed
> twice on the relationship ontologies website
> (http://vocab.org/relationship/).  Second, there is a missing
> property: HeirOf.  I'm not sure this really is all that important but
> it is something that would help me going forward and may be of some
> use to someone else.

Thanks for this. I'll take a look at the duplicate property. Hopefully
it's just an error in the documentation generator which I rewrote last
year.

I'm not very enthused about adding heirOf but I can see it would be
useful. Perhaps you could define that in another schema and still use it
in your data.

I'd be interested in seeing your Irish genealogies if you are able to
share. Are you using the bio schema with them?

All the best,

Ian