[foaf-protocols] My take on activity data

Toby Inkster tai at g5n.co.uk
Wed Apr 22 18:16:25 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 13:38 +0200, Nicholas J Humfrey wrote:

> http://svn.aelius.com/repos/foaf-homepage/activity/foafactivity.rb

It would be great if you could add support for identi.ca and libre.fm -
which are essentially free software alternatives to Twitter and last.fm
respectively.

Both already publish RDF for their users: identi.ca provides an RSS 1.0
file listing recent status updates, plus an RDF/XML FOAF file; libre.fm
uses RDFa to markup the user's last 20 tracks played. So you ought to be
able to include this information using purely RDF methods (parsing,
querying) rather than needing to scrape web pages or ad-hoc XML files.

Here's some examples to get you started:

http://identi.ca/tobyink/foaf
http://identi.ca/tobyink/rss
http://alpha.libre.fm/user/tobyink

> The 'AO' ontology doesn't currently exist but is based on Yves' Event
> Ontology and then extended with a taxonomy of user actions.

Well, that ought to fit in very nicely with libre.fm as the track plays
use Yves' scrobbling vocab, which is itself based on the Event Ontology.

See: http://purl.org/ontology/last-fm/

-Toby