[foaf-protocols] FOAF+SSL authentication module for Apache 2

Tim Berners-Lee timbl at w3.org
Wed Apr 29 12:31:16 CEST 2009

On 2009-04 -28, at 19:28, Bruno Harbulot wrote:

> Well done!
> It works with my certificate, by the way.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Bruno.
>
> Joe Presbrey wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today, after some bug-smashing with #swig testers, I published an
>> authentication module for Apache 2:
>> <http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2009/mod_auth_foafssl/>

Well done!

>> There is a test server running it here:
>> <https://presbrey.xvm.mit.edu/>
>>
>> If your certificate/FOAF fails, you will get a 401 response.  I'll be

I get 401 .. "Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the
document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g.,
bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
credentials required."

Funny thing was that it don't prompt me to ask what sort of cert to
give.
So maybe it presented my mit.edu cert because it has note that I used
that on the mit.edu domain.