[foaf-protocols] Self-signing certificates

Kingsley Idehen kidehen at openlinksw.com
Mon Dec 21 00:09:52 CET 2009

Try: https://idehen.name/home/kidehen/Public/foafssl.png

> I cannot edit the foaf card with the peter20#me name, but that
> resource is my base unit test. It is correct, per the spec. Ideally,
> pull it’s only pubkey and list it somehow in the Person object at
> http://kingsley.idehen.name/dataspace/person/kidehen#this
>
> I learned to do the following (non-sparqly *protocol* things) with
> Linq2RDF:-
>
> - Write a declarative query in Linq, which get auto-translated by the
> driver into a query using sparql query notation.
>
> - Have a handler in a locally-hosted ASP.NET pipeline execute the
> query, against a data source that was initialized from a local N3 file.
>
> Today I aim to dispose of the webserver hosting the query engine (to
> simplify setup and showcase distribution). I want to simply have a my
> windows form’s workerthread host an “appDomain”, that hosts the same
> handler executing queries, as is currently hosted in IIS.

You can temporarily register an account at:
http://idehen.name/ods
or
http://demo.openlinksw.com/ods
or
http://mypenlink.net:8890/ods

You will get a FOAF Profile and WebID [1]

> I want then to do 4 simple foaf+ssl related things (so I can teach
> 1,000,000 vb programmers to repeat a complete FOAF+SSL experiment with
> plain obvious bits of windows code… who will then run with it from there).
>
> 1. Initialize the triple store, where the initial data set is just
> values obtained at data source creation time from
> http://foaf.me/peter20#me (vs a local file of N3)
>
> 2. Run a linq2rdf query whose resultset confirms that a client cert’s
> pubkey is listed in (1)’s local copy of the triples
>
> 3. Run a linq2rdf query that induces the local RDF engine to
> dynamically pull into (2)’s data store all identity + pubkey triples
> from http://kingsley.idehen.name/dataspace/person/kidehen#this
>
> 4. Run a linq2rdf query that induces the local RDF engine to determine
> if the identity + pubkey triples from (3) lists a given webid as a
> trusted partner. If so, what is the pubkey?
>
> If even I can do this (and I have not done any programming for 5
> years), we are doing well. Someone in the vb crowd will take it from
> there.
>
> If the kingsley.idehen.name authority could support HTTPS on port 443,
> for trials, that would be even better. I’ll experiment with
> configurations that eliminate PKI as the means to authenticate and
> trust SSL server certs.

I can ensure the following are ready for your tests:

http://demo.openlinksw.com/ods
or
http://myopenlink.net/ods

but perform test on: http://idehen.name/ods (initially).